This is a six-level Primary course following the Cambridge Primary English as a Second Language Curriculum Framework developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment. The course offers an enquiry-based, language-rich approach to learning English with an international focus. Specifically developed to provide comprehensive support for young learners of ESL worldwide, the topics covered reflect diversity and help learners communicate in English.
The material engages children as active, creative learners with opportunities to participate in a wide variety of curriculum-based activities to acquire content knowledge, develop critical thinking skills and practise English language and literacy. The materials incorporate a ‘learning to learn’ approach and learners can acquire skills and strategies to help them approach new learning situations with confidence.
Emphasis is placed on developing listening, speaking, reading and writing skills as well as vocabulary development and language awareness. Learners are exposed to a range of vocabulary with opportunities for using language in personalised, meaningful ways and developing the language skills they will need to access classroom materials in English across school curricula.
Our Cambridge Global English primary materials lead into lower secondary ESL materials (Cambridge Global English 7-9) which are matched to the Cambridge Secondary 1 English as a Second Language curriculum framework and eventually into our Cambridge IGCSE materials providing a full complement of ESL materials for K-12. Cambridge Global English primary can be used as a stand-alone ESL curriculum or it can be used as part of an innovative suite of materials created by Cambridge University Press for young learners at international primary schools: See Cambridge Primary Science and Cambridge Primary Mathematics
- Made up of 9 themes of 6 individual lessons
- Follow the curriculum developed for Cambridge International Examinations by Cambridge English Language Assessment; the world’s leaders in qualifications for learners and teachers of English.
- Mapped to CEFR with defined learning outcomes help teachers track progress
- Incorporate learning strategies for basic language learning and developing learner’s critical thinking skills
- Focus on developing learners conversational and academic English
- Provide grammatical support and explanations to further support ESL learners and teachers
- Promote an enquiry-based approach with features such as “The big question” at the start of every unit
- Offer a range of activities provided to suit different levels of ability
- Include authentic listening and reading texts included with factual and fictional extracts, dialogue and poetry from around the world
- Written by experienced authors who are experts in young learner teaching methodology and / or are practising teachers and teacher-trainers
- 6 Learner’s Books with Audio CD
- 6 Activity Books
- 6 Teacher’s Resource Books
Showing 1–16 of 18 results