Cambridge University Press, in collaboration with the UCL Institute of Education, have created a Primary guided reading series called Cambridge Reading Adventures, designed for young children learning to read in English in countries all over the world… And it’s available now!
The guided reading scheme follows the International Literacy Centre’s Book band framework, and includes a wide range of pedagogical features which supports early Primary reading.
Cambridge Reading Adventures also includes teacher’s resources and assessment books. The books have been meticulously levelled into eleven book bands which take a child from being a wholly new reader (whatever their language background) in the Pink Bands to being fluent and independent readers able to engage with the wider curriculum at Gold and White Band level.
The series includes both fiction and non-fiction topics, covering a wide range of subjects. Stories are set in international contexts and include traditional and animal tales, contemporary or historic settings, as well as non-fiction reports and explanations.
- Every book has detailed teacher’s notes inside the back cover for lesson guidance and information.
- Early and Transitional Teacher’s Guides provide full guidance and resources for managing and assessing every child’s reading.
- Content is carefully selected for children all around the world in terms of topics, values, cultural sensitivity and child interest.
- Choice of content links in with international curricula – Cambridge Primary, IB Primary Years Program and the International Primary Curriculum.
- The series is made up of 90 titles and also includes 2 Teacher’s Resource books.
- The series contains both fiction and non-fiction stories.
- Impeccable and rigorous pedagogy through the International Literacy Centre at the Institute of Education.
- 9o Readers Books
- 2 Teaching and Assessment Guides
- 2 Teacher Packs (the largest set of books – splitting the series of 90 into two pull out boxes of 45 books with an accompanying Teacher’s Resource Guide)
- 11 Band Packs (all of the readers within a Book Band together in one shrink-wrapped package)
- 11 Class Packs (provide six copies of each reader within a Book Band in an easy to store pull-out case)
- 5 Adventure Packs (bring similar book bands together into a single slip-case, providing one copy of each book within those Bands e.g. Pink A and Pink B Bands)
No products were found matching your selection.