Cracking Comprehension is a tried and trusted range of multi-format resources that support children in developing and improving their reading comprehension skills across a range of text types and genres.
New editions published – now including Year 1.
Now launching in a brand new edition, the resource includes whiteboard modelling software, practice activities and assessment tasks to model, practise and assess the key techniques needed to successfully answer reading comprehension questions.
- Model the techniques needed to tackle comprehension questions successfully
- Practise key skills using engaging, age-appropriate texts from well-known authors
- Assess strengths and weaknesses to inform planning, teaching and learning
- Prepare your pupils for the new KS1 and KS2 National Tests in Reading
Includes engaging texts from popular authors such as David Walliams and Roald Dahl.
Each of the Year Group packs includes:
- A CD-ROM for the whiteboard containing interactive teaching texts and questions, audio recordings, printable texts and photocopiable activities. Comes with a permanent whole-school licence.
- A Teacher’s Book with clear and supportive teacher’s notes, further comprehension questions, practice texts, answers, curriculum links and suggestions for further reading
- An Assessment Tasks book with 18 easy-to-use assessment for learning activities for reading comprehension within the new National Curriculum
Cracking Comprehension Online pupil practice launching in Summer 2017!
Cracking Comprehension Online will be packed full of exciting texts and practice questions – ideal for homework, practice and progress checks.
- Fun practice activities to complete on screen at home or independently in class
- Embed the reading comprehension techniques they’ve been learning
- Allocate specific activities to each child, based on areas of weakness or where more practice is required
- Run reports and track progress – by individual, class or comprehension skill
- Select comprehension practice by assessable element to deepen understanding for the whole class
Showing all 7 results