Strategies and activities to embed mathematical problem solving and reasoning.
The new National Curriculum places increased emphasis on children’s ability to ‘reason mathematically’ and ‘problem solve by applying their understanding’. This unique new resources will help develop teacher’s understanding of effective problem solving strategies and introduce them into maths lessons.
How will Problem Solving and Reasoning help my teaching?
- Develop good to outstanding maths teaching by encouraging children to apply their learning
- Deepen children’s understanding of the new programme of study for mathematics
- Gain everything you need to encourage children to reason in every lesson
- Time-saving prepared weekly activities can be used and edited for your class
- Improve your own understanding of problem solving strategies with clear explanations and support
What you get in this series
Problem Solving and Reasoning contains 6 Teacher’s Books for years 1-6 with a CD-ROM containing a whole-school permanent site licence. Each book includes:
- Confidence boosting and easy-to-understand theory behind problem solving and reasoning
- 13 key problem solving and reasoning strategies to use in the classroom
- 18 problem solving investigations that address the new national curriculum
- 18 accompanying editable whiteboard posters
- A CD-ROM with all activities, teacher’s notes and problem-solving posters in printable and editable form
- A free CPD DVD when your buy the complete pack
- 1 x Problem Solving and Reasoning Year 1-6 Pack
- 6 x Problem Solving and Reasoning Year Pack
Showing all 7 results