The Path of The Mindful Teacher: How to choose calm over chaos and serenity over stress, one step at a time
In The Path of the Mindful Teacher, Danielle A. Nuhfer introduces educators to a process that will help them positively manage stress, find work-life balance, lessen symptoms of burnout, and increase classroom job satisfaction. Teachers walking this path will be able to determine their own needs and the needs of their students, so they can successfully and sustainably do one of the most important jobs in the world: teaching the future of our planet.
Drawing on Danielle’s experience as a teacher, mindfulness practitioner, and teacher wellness coach, The Path of the Mindful Teacher will:
• Explain the basics of mindfulness and how it can inform teaching practice.
• Illustrate a simple step-by-step path that will help teachers choose calm over chaos and serenity over stress.
• Provide ways to integrate mindfulness practice into the classroom and beyond.
• Offer mindfulness activities that can be adapted to an individual teacher’s needs.
• Present tools to balance the ever-changing landscape of teaching.